Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Nice to be liked!!!

A couple of weeks ago, one of my daycare children came to me with a picture they had drawn for me. Now, you have to understand that I get about a dozen pictures a day when I see this particular child and sibling. So to mention a particular drawing is of special interest.
It was a picture of me, which is not so common with them. One major point that stood out to me was the fact that my eyes were blue. My eyes are brown. But to each his own, lol. What stood out the most was the caption that was written:
"Vivian. Favorite babysitter ever because she is..." (I had to turn it over because she had run out of room on the front), "she is pretty and active with us!!"
When I asked what the active with us was all about, she said it was because I play games with them, take them sledding in the winter, that sort of thing. It's important to mention that they have been in daycare for the better part of their lives, so I took this as quite a compliment.
It actually made me want to cry. To know that what I do does matter to them. I hope it stays that way for the duration of having them in my care.

No comments:

Post a Comment