Sunday, February 20, 2011

Fudge Brownies and Vanilla Ice Cream

I don't usually buy a lot of groceries at once.  Usually I buy a little bit as I can, here and there.  Well, this past week I made it a point to get all I needed for the week to save on a few trips.

With that I was able to do something I've wanted to do for awhile.  I've cooked and frozen enough meals for the week.  I realize some of you reading this may already do that.  So forgive me if my excitement over such a feat seems silly. 

My menu for the week?
Meatloaf - which I am famous for, at least in my house.
Potato and Ham a soup - a new recipe for me, that was awesome.
Butler Hamburger Casserole - it's called "Butler" because it's the combination of a recipe and my own idea's.
Chili - for my hubby.
Turkey Meatballs in sweet and sour sauce - which will be cooked with rice.

It's a strange and comforting thought to just be able to pull out a container, put it in the oven and have it ready for dinner that night.

There are sites I've been told about that help you make a menu for an entire month.  Of course it requires cooking for an one whole weekend.  But could you imagine it?  Dinner's for a month?  I could handle that.  Maybe I should recruit some friends and we could all do this over 2 days.  Any volunteers?

Well, now that  I have it all done but the Chili that is in the slow cooker I am going to settle down with my boys, my favorite dessert and a movie.  Can you guess what my favorite dessert is?  Ten guesses and the first nine don't count.  Ha ha ha!

Have a good rest of your Family Day weekend everyone.  I'll talk to you again soon.

2 comments:

  1. From the title of your post, I going to go for the 10th guess and suggest that your favourite dessert is . . . hm . . .fudge brownies and ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee Duchess, how on earth did you guess? How do you know that I wasn't just trying to fool everyone??? Kidding.

    ReplyDelete