Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bittersweet Life Moments

It's back to school time again...a parents favorite time of year.

Most parents anyway.

See, I am not a normal parent I guess.  I am so not looking forward to back to school.  As strange as it sounds, I like having my boys around.  It shouldn't sound strange, parents SHOULD like having their children around. 

I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the fact that my youngest is starting school this year and it feels bittersweet.  It's the natural course of his life, and I am so proud to see him growing and advancing like he should.  But it's also one more step that takes him away from the little boy that got to stay home and have some time with just me. 

Only one year seperates my boys in school.  My eldest is looking forward to being the big brother that gets to help his little brother navigate through JK.  He already has JK under his belt, so he's a pro now...lol. 

I know it will become natural, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.  Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to getting certain things done around the house that is just too difficult with someone needing or wanting me nearly every second.  But it will be too quiet at times. 

It's just that they are only this little for such a short period of time.  And each year that time seems to speed up.

Hmmm... seems like mommy is going to have a harder time adjusting than the kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment